Have you ever wondered what the best techniques for preventing plaque and tartar buildup are? Surprisingly, it is exactly what you’ve always been told. Brushing twice daily, flossing once daily and make regular pit stops at your dentist are some the best ways to prevent the buildup of plaque and tartar.
Here are a few tips about plaque and tartar buildup:
– When treating plaque buildup, try to remember to keep your teeth clean by brushing twice daily and flossing once per day.
– Plaque buildup is a known trigger of gum disease.
– If left unchecked, plaque can eventually lead to tooth loss.
– Tartar buildup can greatly increase your likelihood of developing gingivitis, and sooner or later severe gum disease.
– Plaque is a sticky film that encases your teeth with a thin layer of debris and bacteria.
– If you do not wash away plaque soon enough, it will harden into tartar, which can only be safely eliminated by visiting your dentist.
– Plaque buildup is one of the leading sources of cavities, as bacteria in plaque can take sugars from foods and convert them into harmful acids that eat through tooth enamel.
If you are looking for plaque and tartar removal treatments in Lilburn, Georgia, Bella Dental Services would love to help. For a more thorough examination to determine which treatment will work best for you, you can schedule an appointment with Dr. Roderick Cooper by calling our dentist office at 7709219000. We look forward to having you as our guest soon!