The periodic development of bad breath is not uncommon, but it can cause social interactions to be unpleasant and embarrassing. By acting now, you can take steps to keep bad breath at bay so that it doesn’t affect your smile or your dental health.
To help you understand what causes bad breath, we have provided a list here:
– Reduced flow of saliva
– Strong-smelling foods like garlic and onions
– The use of tobacco products
– Buildup of plaque and bacteria between the teeth or in dental appliances such as dentures
– Oral infections, including gum disease and strep throat
– Diabetes, sinus infection, liver disease, and other dental health issues
Dr. Roderick Cooper encourages you to implement the prevention of bad breath into your oral care routine:
– Brush at least twice a day and flossing daily to clean your teeth.
– Remove the buildup of bacteria on your tongue with your toothbrush or tongue scraper.
– Try an antiseptic mouthwash to control bacteria levels and freshen your breath.
– Schedule a dental checkup every six months to have your smile professional cleaned and screened for any causes of bad breath.
– If you use removable dentures, take them out at night and scrub them in the morning before wearing them again.
– Chew crispy foods like apples and carrots to promote the flow of saliva. You can also chew sugarless gum.
– Quit using tobacco products.
For more information on helpful tips for bad breath prevention in Lilburn, Georgia, contact Bella Dental Services at (404)294-8385 today and schedule a time to speak with our friendly dentist and team!